My guest today is the lovely Dawn Hill of Bellingham, Washington.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
Have never missed a celebration of Christmas with friends and family
2. Have you ever spent Christmas alone?
No..but this will be a totally different year as my sweet husband has gone to Heaven..family will be there for me.
3. Have you ever had a non-traditional Christmas dinner?What did you have?
Corned beef and cabbage..for fun, years ago.
4. What are your thoughts on gift giving?
I like to buy a special gift for each person I hold dear..I usually put much thought into this and also buy something I personally find attractive.
5. What was the most fun activity you’ve done at Christmas?
One year we really took a left turn. My husband and I booked a week at a Dude Ranch in Arizona. We rode on horseback, ate around a campfire out on the range and had a delightful Christmas feast in the lodge which was festive with 20-ft. trees.
6. Do you have stockings either at Christmas, or on St. Nicholas Day?
7. What was the best gift you ever received at Christmas?
Granddaughter ..Madeleine..was born on Christmas Day!
8. What was the worst gift you ever received at Christmas?
Never did get that “lump of coal”!
9. What do you do with gifts you don’t like?
Goodwill is always happy with this sort of thing:)
10. What was the best homemade gift you ever received?
I love to receive jams and breads..every year some friend does the honors!
11. Have you ever given a homemade gift? Tell about it.
Years ago, when I really did bake a lot, I would make about 10 English lemon breads..from scratch..for friends and family.
It would be an all day event but one I loved.
12. What would you change about Christmas?
Maybe a bit less commercial and also more beautiful Christmas programs on telly..remembering the Andy Williams show and that sort.
13. What would you keep the same if you could?
The magic of Christmas that a sweet child has.
14. What is your favourite Christmas music or song?
Oh Holy Night
15. What do you like best about Christmas?
Family and gathering..great food and conversation..remembering what Christmas means to us..birthday of Baby Jesus
16. Any additional thoughts about Christmas?
Looking forward to spending this Christmas with my dear family and toasting the one I miss.
Can you guess where corned beef and cabbage is a traditional dish (not necessarily for Christmas dinner, but regional cuisine)?
Have you ever been to a Dude Ranch? Would you like to share your thoughts about it? Please leave a comment.