Today, my guest is Pooben Narayanen. He has some very exciting news. His first book is published on amazon outlets. Since Pooben lives on Mauritius, he knows a lot about the island and has been able to use this exotic place for the setting of his book. You’ll soon be hearing more about Pooben and his first published book.
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
We celebrate the festive side of Christmas, especially for the kids, with the Christmas tree, Santa Claus and gifts.
2. Have you ever spent Christmas alone?
I spent Christmas Eve alone once. It wasn’t so bad. I was in bed early because I had to work the next day. After work I got to hang out with my friends which was nice.
3. Have you ever had a non-traditional Christmas dinner? What did you have?
I suppose it depends on where I am. In Mauritius, we might have a BBQ. Lamb, shrimp, chicken and fish, with salad and baguettes. Back in Canada it would be a roast.
4. What are your thoughts on gift giving?
I think it’s okay for children. But for adults? The whole thing has become so commercial now that it feels as if it’s only about money.
5. What was the most fun activity you’ve done at Christmas?
Going to the beach.
6. Do you have stockings either at Christmas, or on St. Nicholas Day?
7. What was the best gift you ever received at Christmas?
I would have to say my first bicycle!
8. What is a gift you’d rather not receive?
9. What was the best homemade gift you ever received?
Never received one.
10. Have you ever given a homemade gift? Tell about it.
11. What would you change about Christmas?
Maybe make it less commercial. Is that even possible?
12. What would you keep the same if you could?
If I could enjoy it like when I was a kid, I wouldn’t change a thing.
13. What is your favourite Christmas music or song?
14. What do you like best about Christmas?
It’s another excuse to eat!
15. Any additional thoughts about Christmas?
Merry Christmas to all!