Are you wishing for the old days? Read Finn’s interview and see if you share some of his nostalgic longings for the Christmases of days gone by.
Christmas Interview with Finn, of “Muck and Finn” Fame
1. Do you celebrate Christmas?
2. Have you ever spent Christmas alone?
I certainly have, more than once
3. What are your thoughts on gift giving?
People just overdo it. The last time we went to the gift opening someone’s place we sat for an hour or more as their child opened gift after gift. It was a gross display of overwhelming the kid with stuff.
4. Do you have stockings either at Christmas, or on St. Nicholas Day?
Christmas. St. Nicholas Day?
5. What was the best gift you ever received at Christmas?
A selection of really yummy goodies from my late sister.
6. What was the worst gift you ever received at Christmas?
A stuffed raccoon
7 What was the best homemade gift you ever received?
Perhaps a pair of mittens that my mom knit for me?
8. Have you ever given a homemade gift? Tell about it.
Back in the day, I made a tool tote for someone. I put a lot of time and effort to make it as good as I could but it just got chucked out. I don’t make things for anyone now.
9. What would you change about Christmas?
I would eliminate the need to give stuff and just enjoy the company of friends.
10. What would you keep the same if you could?
The songs and decorations that one encounters in stores in the lead up to Christmas.
11. What is your favourite Christmas music or song?
I love it all, the traditional carols and the schmaltyz made up songs.
12. Any additional thoughts about Christmas?
What may have been, or could have been is a time to get together and enjoy a feast and good cheer. Increasingly it is just another time of year to buy junk . There are lessons to be learned by watching the “Returns” line ups at large stores the day after Christmas as folks deal with stuff they have been given.
I can’t sing worth a darn, but I love all of the Christmas music too.
Welcome, Lorne. Happy to have you on my blog. Looking forward to the next installment of The Adventures of Muck and Finn.